Creative Writing Group: word-crafting and poetry appreciation
A three-hour, once-a-month online group.
- Creative writing theory, skills and writing ‘experiments’ informed by non-dual practice.
- Learn how to let your creative process be guided by Being.
- Be inspired by the readings of beautiful sacred poetry from all traditions and come to
understand the ways in which the poets and writers achieve their effects on the reader/listener.
- You’ll craft poetry and short prose, individually and collaboratively, from writing prompts
offered in the group.
- You’ll use words to deepen your spiritual practice: to recognise, contact and rest in Being.
- You’ll use words to integrate that understanding in everyday life by bringing aspects of
experiences and traumatic material out into the light so that they can be ‘dissolved in the light
- Share your words in the respectful space of the group.
- Constructive feedback on written work.
- The possibility of publication online.
The only prerequisite for taking part is an interest in words and a love of truth - novice and
experienced writers are equally welcome. Please come with handwriting materials (and a
laptop too if you wish).
The group is facilitated by writer, editor, psychotherapist, and creative writing tutor Bridget
Holding. There is a fee for this group on a sliding scale according to what you feel you can afford.
For further information, to book a place, or to sign up to be informed of upcoming workshop
dates email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on the workshops here.
Read more about Bridget’s work here and here.
Online via Zoom.
When we meet
First Saturday of each month.
2pm-5pm UK time/ 3pm-6pm central Europe.
To calculate the time difference where you live use this link: everytimezone.com.